RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Usualy you'll find me dancing around in the P38 section of this forum, anyway I do repairs on Range Rovers only and I've hit abit of a problem with a customers L322 (BMW V8)

Its a audio problem and it goes like this.

Disconnect battery, leave for around 5-10min and reconnect, great radio then works but it only does so for just over 40min wherby it just cuts off, no sound..nothing, even from CD shuttle or Sat nav. When it cuts off the display unit on the dash still works showing other vehicle related info such as mpg etc so Im doubting its the dash unit itself.

If you press the on button on the left the amber LED lights up but no sound, Radio station is now also not displayed.

Anyone have this odd gremlin happen to them..?

Awaiting arrival on my diagnostic equipment from the UK so its abit akward right now cos even the agents havnt a clue and yes they should be able to connect their system up to check but they're being brain dead...Its a African thing I guess :doh:

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
Assuming the radio works, could the blue-tooth be activating after 40 minutes causing the radio to think the phone is activated, thereby cutting off the audio? Is a phone connected?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its got a mobile base phone but its been removed from the holder as its batteries are defective which was also a cuase for discharging the battery over a few days when not used.

There's no tel indication on the main dash display so Im guessing thats not the issue or otherwise Im sure mute or something would have come up to indicate so.

Im surprised that this is the only L322 with this problem, there again there's always a first.
To date no cure and Im awaiting my diagnostic equipment....then Im hoping it will show a fault with the audio module of sorts..

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

It is the Amp in the left rear back , check first for oxidation on the connectors but I think the Amp is faulty.
I 've had the same problem. The Amp's in some BMW cars are the same.
Also do a search: radio / no sound....

Good luck

Ronald

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pointer and will check it out, I did notice what looked like some sort of dirt on the silver boxed amp/reciever unit and will check it out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's done this to me twice now. If you shut it off, get out and lock the doors, then get back in and start it. The audio comes back and the Nav too. Just turning it off and on will not do it. I think that's the way to reboot it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has this issue been resolved-was it indeed the amp? I purchased a 2003 vogue which has not had any sound from the speakers since I got the car. everything else displays fine.
If it is indeed the amp-does anyone have a part number?

Your help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello my l322 vogue radio as just stopped with the sound . I put tv on and it says mute . but doesn't say owt on the radio side u can pick a channel and there no sound what so ever coming out of the speakers. c

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its got a mobile base phone but its been removed from the holder as its batteries are defective which was also a cuase for discharging the battery over a few days when not used.

There's no tel indication on the main dash display so Im guessing thats not the issue or otherwise Im sure mute or something would have come up to indicate so.

Im surprised that this is the only L322 with this problem, there again there's always a first.
To date no cure and Im awaiting my diagnostic equipment....then Im hoping it will show a fault with the audio module of sorts..
I have the exact same problem! did you solve this matter? My 2002 RR Vogue also loses time and date, just showing --/--/---- and --:-- when losing sound and all the audio functions as well as DSP...

Please help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts