Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When foot is removed from gas or stopping at a light, the idle drops then revs back up and then levels. It is ever so slowly getting worse and will eventually lead to engine stalling.

The air filter is new and PVC valve was replaced 5 years ago... Do you have any ideas off the top of your head?

The idle was rock solid not too long ago..

Weston
2004 RR HSE

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the link! Lots of great info. I decided to start with the free/simple things so took out and cleaned the throttle body. The thick black gunk/grease/carbon was nasty! Idle smooth now!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
339 Posts
Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator sensors, fuel filter, injectors, etc. My Evoque was doing something similar until it wouldn't idle...run...and finally wouldn't start. High pressure fuel pump and high and low pressure regulator sensors cured what started as an intermittent idling issue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good post. Question for you all... This only happens to mine when I throw it into reverse off a cold start. It may just be because I am always reversing out of my driveway. But, occasionally, when I start the truck cold, put it in reverse, the engine will idle so low, that if I do not give it some gas, it turns off. Do you think that is the same issue? I only notice it occasionally after the car sits overnight. It never does it once the truck is going (never at stoplights for example).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely sounds different to me.. My issue was consistent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts