RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Recently while driving my Range Rover - halfway through my one hour long trip - I felt as if my heater was blowing colder air. By the end of my hour trip the heater was ONLY blowing cold air. No heat whatsoever. While I was driving I felt like the ride was a bit rough / car was a little jumpy. Then it smoothed out - right around the same time the car lost heat.

When I turn the car on after sitting over night - no problem the heater works fine. Then again - 30 to 45 minute of highway driving later - no heat.

I looked in my car on the carpets, but I don't see any signs of leaking / spills. Also, recently I have started to smell an odd odor go through the vents. If you turn the car off / open the hood I feel as if there is a odd smell from the engine bay passenger side back of motor.

All the hoses look ok in the back of the car - no signs of leaking - I can't figure out what the issue could be. I have a new final stage resistor I have yet to install, might this correct the issue? Keep me posted on your thoughts - thanks.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
17 Posts
This is only valid if your car has a additional fuel heater. I lost all heat in my Range Rover, as far as I can tell it was sudden, but I guess the symptoms could very well be as you describe. My car has the additional fuel heater, and there is a valve that swithches the water flow to the heater to either go through the engine or the additional fuel heater. On my car the seals inside this valve had swollen so the valve could not open. There is a lenghty thread here about it. Maybe a long shot but worth consideration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts