RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an oil change and the N124 recall software fix (Thin Film Transistor Virtual Display Instrument Cluster) and just got the car back last night. A couple of odd things- car shows today's date as September 1, 2018 and the tire pressures are reversed- 44 front, 37 rear. Sound like a dealer screw up or software corruption related to the recall fix? And then there was the crack in the windshield that wasn't there when I took it in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They picked up the Rover at my office and dropped off a loaner. Will be returned to me after windshield and other issues have been fixed (all at their expense). Will be curious to find out the "why".

·
Registered
623 Posts
Had an oil change and the N124 recall software fix (Thin Film Transistor Virtual Display Instrument Cluster) and just got the car back last night. A couple of odd things- car shows today's date as September 1, 2018 and the tire pressures are reversed- 44 front, 37 rear. Sound like a dealer screw up or software corruption related to the recall fix? And then there was the crack in the windshield that wasn't there when I took it in.
Maybe they took it for a ride and was hit with a rock??? Wasn't long ago i got a ticket in the mail, speed camera, for an area and time of night when my audi was in the shop. Needless to say I discovered someone at the dealer had taken the car home and gotten a ticket. On another note, I once picked up my X5 from service and when i got home by chance walked around the front of the car for some reason looping around the rear and noticed rear bumper damage that was done at the dealer. I now do a walk around at the dealer whenever picking up my cars and make sure to snap a pic of the odometer at drop off just for comparison at pick up. more than once the mileage on the RO's did not match the car odometer.
curious to hear your outcome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car returned to my office this afternoon in good shape except for handprints on the ivory headliner around the windshield. They will take care of those when I next take it out there. But really, after 5 new car purchases from this broker (3 BMW, 2 Rover), and all the trouble with this service they should come back here and clean it.
Windshield was replaced with OEM windshield at no charge. Broker believes the rock/crack happened when they were transporting it either to or from the dealer for the recall work.
When tires were rotated the technician did not "re-learn" the TPMS system, hence 44 in front, 37 in back. (Or maybe they just didn't check the tire pressures.)
Calendar date was corrected.
Will need to spend some time with it this weekend to make sure all the windshield functions are working properly, and I guess I better check the oil level!
This was very atypical and hopefully a one-time thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts