RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I recently decided to sell my old TD6 2002 Vogue, following upgrading to a 2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography and as luck would have it, the air suspension has now started playing up after years of working great and maintaining height when parked. I've put a lot of info below, including fault shown on a decent diagnostic device, so hopefully you guys can shed some light.

I went through the system about 4 years ago or so and replaced one rear right bag as it was dropping overnight. It continued to drop on that corner despite this and then miraculously fixed itself for 4 years or so. So far this year, it has dropped on that corner once or twice in cold weather, which may have something to do with this perhaps, hence I thought I would mention it.

Now I am getting the front right refusing to go up or down, even when a computer is plugged in (Autel Maxisys) and the car set to inflate/deflate. Furthermore, that front right corner is actually greyed out when trying to inflate individual corners, despite the other corners being available and inflating/deflating. Has anyone ever seen this? All height sensors are reading.

I did have a pressure remains static fault, reservoir valve fault and a temperature fault and it would fail to reach off road height before timing out, so I rebuilt the compressor yesterday with a new ring and seal. It appeared to work ok and pumped the other three corners up. After the first drive, it threw up suspension inactive almost straight away and the faults were; Articulation Validity Fault, Exhaust Valve Fault, High Pressure Exhaust Valve Fault, High Pressure Exhaust Valve Supply Fault, Compressor Temperature static when compressor active.

After a reset of the codes, I now only have "Articulation Validity Fault" followed by suspension inactive. The car sinks to the bump stops on the rear right (despite no visible or audible leaks from the bag) and the front right is already stuck very low, so essentially slumped on that side. It also does not move at all or make any audible attempt to move up when off road height is selected, despite the light flashing. The access mode light wont activate, the middle light just flashes.

Finally, the temperature reading from the pump appears to show three dashes now "---" rather than a reading. Pressure in the tank shows 4.1/4.2 but doesn't go up or down. When overriding the system with special functions and inflating the three corners which allow it, the pump kicks in, a valve/solenoid clicks and that corner goes up a bit, stops, then does it again. This appears to not be filling from the tank?

Should I be pulling the central or front/rear valve blocks and cleaning them out/replacing them? Or should I just throw some petrol inside and a match and call it a day? :-?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to follow up on this; I stripped out both crosslink valves and centre main valve block. Replaced a couple of o rings, which has resolved the leak to the rear right hand bag however, the car now refuses to go up or down on the rear left hand bag (previously front right). The front left wont raise as much as the front right either, meaning the whole left hand side is sagged right down.

The rebuilt pump works and when overriding with the diagnostic computer, the pump kicks in and out with a valve and pumps 3 of 4 air bags. Pressure still wont go up in the tank however, the pressure sensor must be working as the pressure is now stuck on 0.6 instead of 6 bar as previous. The switch in the middle allows the selection of off road mode but not access mode. Off road blinks but it doesn't even attempt to move any bags. The access mode light will not illuminate, the centre just flashes 3 times instead.

Given all these specifics symptoms, am I looking at a new main valve or barking up the wrong tree?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I am sorry you are disappointed but you have to remember that most folks have had no issues with the newer years of L322 EAS... yet. There a very few posts about front struts failing which are usually the first to go. Rear consistently outlast fronts 2 to 1. Articulation errors are often a damaged height sensor or a poorly calibrated sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts