RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2014 Range Rover SE and on occasion on startup you can hear a sound that sounds like a subwoofer pop from the amplifier turning on. It also will do it randomly sitting in idle at times and every once in a while going down the road. The dealership said it was normal and that it was the amp powering up. I didn't believe this was normal so I started looking into myself. So after tearing the car apart I do not have a sub-woofer. I believe it would be located in the left side of the trunk area. There is nothing there. So i then had my wife help run through different scenarios to replicate the problem and finally got it to make the sound multiple time but I still can not figure out where it is coming from. The pattern was to start the car, lower the air suspension, raise it back up and then turn the car off. After about 20 seconds you could hear almost a small release of air somewhere under the vehicle and in the car it made the sound like a subwoofer powering up. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
618 Posts
My 2013 RRSC has a sound of a speaker/subwoofer 'pop' every time I start the vehicle. I guess that it is normal for my rig. I don't hear it randomly or when I am driving, only when I start up. I can hear the air suspension sometimes after I start and that sounds like a rush of air. I can sometimes feel the suspension adjusting when this happens, as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts