Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4.6 Vogue Thor Auto
It's quite a heavy clonk and seems to occur randomly every 2-3 seconds. I've been doing quite a bit of work on the car, which is new to me, including removing the LPG system and replacing the cam cover gaskets. The engine is idling a bit lumpy which may be related. I also have a vibration / noise on kickdown so I changed all four UJs and ended up doing the front diff pinion bearings. My guess would be the engine moving and something making contact. The engine mounts look OK and I can't see the exhaust hitting anything. Not sure where to look next so any suggestions welcome.

On the lumpy idle front, I notice that the intake pipe on a Thor has two tuned length resonators. On mine one of these is missing (yes it is blocked off!) Does anyone know what the effect of blocking one of these off might be?

· Registered
64 Posts
4.6 Vogue Thor Auto

On the lumpy idle front, I notice that the intake pipe on a Thor has two tuned length resonators. On mine one of these is missing (yes it is blocked off!) Does anyone know what the effect of blocking one of these off might be?
Those resonators only change the induction note. they have no effect on the engines performance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.