RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have been sorting out a bunch on this Rover I purchased a few months ago and now want to try to figure this erratic shift from 3rd to 4th occasionally. I noticed the MAF looks brand new with a new white sticker on it but I need to look closely as I think the previous owners installed a new cheap part. I read that you have to replace the MAF with the correct number? Does anyone have the correct number for an 06 Non Supercharged Range Rover? I do not have any check engine light on but seems like in my past I had a bad MAF on another vehicle and it never pulled a code so I figure I start with this. I figure since it does not happen all the time then it would have to be something electrical? I will climb underneath it tomorrow to look at the connector on the transmission that can fill with oil to see if it looks bad as well. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Why do you suspect an issue with your MAF? You erratic shifting is most likely going to be due to a failing solenoid on your valve body (mechtronic unit). I just went through this last month. Be sure to use the search function. Very few subjects not already covered in depth around here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts