RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi out there.

Has anyone been able to source an aftermarket (LR originals are way too expensive) OBDC unit and software with diagnostic codes so owners like me v=can interrogate their vehicles etc.

Regards

Charita

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: OBDC for RR Mk111/L322

Hi Charita,
I use an Autel Maxiscan 5xx series for engine diagnostics and I believe the 6xx series does a bit more as well but not sure. Advantages - use on any make of car/all mine and under £100GB.
Next step. Bearmach do diagnostics for each model of Rangie ie. Classic, P38, L322 etc. which does more than just engines but knowhere near everything.
Advantages - Will work on any L322 but need extra licences for each model. Needs fathoming out to get the best out of it my son recons, price over £300GB.
Last, Blackbox Solutions (Cyprus) will do anything to your (but no one elses) car, ie more cars = more cost. The bees knees in Rangie diagnostics but you MUST be more than just computer literate to get the thing to work properly which I sadly am not. Having said that owners who have mastered Blackbox swear by them - not at them as possibly better than manufacturers T4. Cost £1000+ and that's for one car.
It's a simple case of ther more you spand the more you get to play with.
Have fun. peter

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4 Posts
Hi I have been looking at the Blackbox solutions nanocom evo 11 and its great take a look on you tube for demos, its pricey at $660 Aus plus postage at $90 to oz but it dose everything you would want the software is licenced iam looking for those smart folks who know how to purchase a little better priced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use a top of the range autel unit. not cheap at over 1000 ukp but it does just about everything i ask of it. Comes with all the leads & all the software & even has a wireless feature for updates/printing & a basic web browser. I could not be happier with it.
The only thing I've found that it wont do is old saabs & rovers which is no great loss to me

I have used it on defender, d1, d2 d3 & l322 as well as loads of other vehicles from an old 1996 Corsa to brand new stuff. On my 322 & d3 it works really well & is very easy to use.

I decided that if i was going to spend out on a diagnostic i would get something that covered everything just in case my tastes changed. It also allows me to generate a bit of cash from local garages as it seems to cover far more than any of their mega expensive snap on machines.

I was an early adopter of the rsw all comms unit in the hope that it would do everything but whenever i get a job for it it seems that module is not released yet. In fact in a year i havent used it productivley at all.

if you're going to spend, spend once & spend right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts