RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The bmw number is for a knock sensor issue. Low voltage, poor connection and something else iirc. Not sure what that means. Have you heard any pinging on acceleration. Just when we thought there just could not be another oddball issue to solve.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,198 Posts
Here ye go:

Knock Sensor 4 Circuit (bank 2).

P1332 - Knock sensor 4 circuit fault (bank 2).: Last occurrence - minimum signal

Possible causes:

1. Open circuit C0606/37 (B) - C0627/01 (B).
  2. Short circuit C0606/37 (B) - ground.
  3. Connectors C0606, C0627.
  4. Knock sensor.
1.Open circuit C0606/37 (B) - C0627/01 (B).
SHORT_CIRCUIT
Check resistance < 5.0 Ohms .
2.Short circuit C0606/37 (B) - ground.
OPEN_CIRCUIT
Check resistance > 1M Ohms.
3.Connectors C0606, C0627.
CONNECTOR
Check for connector not correctly latched, backed out pins, damaged pins, corroded pins
4.Knock sensor.
No detail available for this fault

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jack's grandpa!!
I'll check the connectors as far as I can w/out taking the intake off! well see!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Something to consider here, guys is why the signal did not occur. What happens when the system checks the sensor is that the setup for ping occurs. This will include no EGR, low rpm and max timing advance. The system is inducing ping to check the sensor. If the system sees ping from the sensor, it will assume that the unit works and advance the timing as programmed. If, for ANY reason, the sensor does not respond with a "ping" signal, or a weak one, it will assume a failure and set a code. This will include a lower than expected temperature, lower than expected dynamic compression, meaning cylinder filling, etc. Just a heads up guys. I have seen on multiple occasions codes like this set because the driver put premium fuel in a vehicle intended for regular. High octane fuel will not ping as readily as regular, and can set codes for poor knock sensor response. Ray

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, but I've been using premium fuel for the past 6 years, I know we'r tossing ideas around, so what you are saying might make sense! Thank you!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts