Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all -

Been lurking RR.net forever for my RRC, but never had an issue with my Sport HSE until now. I went to smog the truck and three smog computers and three OBD computers could not properly communicate. To clarify:

Patient is an '08 Sport HSE with 68k miles, bone stock California car. Passed smog two years ago with no drama.

OBD2 is communicating and sending/resetting trouble codes.
Oxygen and other emissions readiness sensors are sending voltage signals, which are within proper parameters.
Driveability is not affected.

BUT

When you go to I/M readiness indicators, everything but COMPONENT shows (depending on the reader used) "not available" or "not compatible".
This is not to be confused with "not ready" - it's as if the systems aren't there at all (cue spooky music).

Has anybody had this experience before? The two dealerships in my area won't even speak to me - I'm only allowed to talk to receptionists, so any direction or advice is greatly appreciated.

The only other issue I'm running into is an intermittent SRS warning related to the driver's pretensioner, but the above symptoms happen whether that warning is activated or not.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
69 Posts
What kind of OBD reader are you using ? Also, there is a fuse that controls the OBD socket, unfortunately I don't know which one at the moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of OBD reader are you using ? Also, there is a fuse that controls the OBD socket, unfortunately I don't know which one at the moment.
Two different SnapOn units, an Autel, an ELM, and three California approved smog computers at three different shops. And if it were a fuse, I would think I would have no OBD communication at all. May be wrong though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.