RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read in some threads in this forum that by switching the wires of the O2 sensors that codes will go away for good, however, no one specifically explains how are they switched. Can someone please be specific on how to do this. I have installed new cats, no cracks, smoke tested etc, etc and the codes keep on coming up. It is really an annoyance for emission inspections!! Please help
Sincerely
Lou
2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 Lt.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have read in some threads in this forum that by switching the wires of the O2 sensors that codes will go away for good, however, no one specifically explains how are they switched. Can someone please be specific on how to do this. I have installed new cats, no cracks, smoke tested etc, etc and the codes keep on coming up. It is really an annoyance for emission inspections!! Please help
Sincerely
Lou
2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 Lt.
I guess no one has an answer...?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
As I read the post from the poster that switched wires - O2 Sensors for Bank 1 were sent to Bank 2, Bank 2 to Bank 1. If I recall, the theory being someone turned them around at some point - the codes he was getting back seemed to hint at this.

I could be totally wrong. Not sure if he did all four or just the two rears.

Basically the computer is telling one side to adjust, it is adjusting, but is being read by the other side's sensor - hence adjusting the wrong side.

May be worth pulling RAVE and tracing your connectors to make sure you don't have a similar problem. It all sounds kinda funny to me, having played under the truck more than normal. I suppose anything is possible if the wrong hands worked on the car before. Is your truck a new purchase or are you a long time/original owner?

Try rereading his post with my (possible) interpretation.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I read the post from the poster that switched wires - O2 Sensors for Bank 1 were sent to Bank 2, Bank 2 to Bank 1. If I recall, the theory being someone turned them around at some point - the codes he was getting back seemed to hint at this.

I could be totally wrong. Not sure if he did all four or just the two rears.

Basically the computer is telling one side to adjust, it is adjusting, but is being read by the other side's sensor - hence adjusting the wrong side.

May be worth pulling RAVE and tracing your connectors to make sure you don't have a similar problem. It all sounds kinda funny to me, having played under the truck more than normal. I suppose anything is possible if the wrong hands worked on the car before. Is your truck a new purchase or are you a long time/original owner?

Try rereading his post with my (possible) interpretation.
Tks, can you point out where is this thread so I can read it I have not seen this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts