RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rave doesn't show the wire colours from the sensor to the orange connector (or even number the sensor connector half). My sensor wires are the common universal sensor colours of white, white, grey & black. It doesn't matter which way round the heater (white) wires are connected but the signal does matter. I'm guessing the the signal -ve (grey) should go to the red//black(s) and the signal +ve should go to the orange or blue (depending on which side). Does anyone know for sure.

The reason for the question is that I'm being led a merry dance at the moment with my lean fault on Bank 1 only. I bought a new sensor but that shows a constant zero volts whereas the old one worked at low speed (or maybe low temperature). I tested the sensor in the tailpipe and it works fine so either the signal is wired the wrong way round or the orange connector is faulty.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,198 Posts
You are correct.

The signal +ve is the Orange on the LHS (Bank 1) and Blue on the RHS (Bank 2).
The Red/Black wires are indeed the signal ground.
On Bosch sensors, the wiring is also as you have state - White wires are the heater. Grey is signal ground, and Black is signal +ve.

On mine when I first changed the sensors, I found a number of the pins on the orange connector to be going green and corroding - so definitely worth checking that out!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marty. Finally got it sorted. I added the solution to my original post and added a new one to warn others what I have found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts