RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been getting a lean Bank 1 code with no other codes. Suspect it is a sensor issue as it's quite hard to think of a failure mode that would only cause one bank to go lean and not also give a misfire or some other fault. Using Torque to graph the O2 sensor voltage it appears to be working fine at idle. The other day I left the display up on a trip on the motorway. After about 15 mins the trace went lean and although there was some change in voltage it never went into the rich region. At one point it came back to life for a while after I slowed down to change motorways but soon went lean again for the rest of the journey. Started the car the next day and it is working again. The only thing I can think of is a dodgy sensor connection. i don't know of a sensor failure mode that would give this kind of behaviour. I had recently changed this sensor because the heater circuit failed on the original one. Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
GEMS or Thor? GEMS uses 5-0V Titania sensors and Thor uses 0-1V. On GEMS 5V is lean, on Thor 0V is lean. Neither would explain an sensor going down when it gets hot, the GEMS sensors often stop giving an output at idle but wake up once running.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a Thor. Today I shall be mostly lying underneath it with a multimeter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts