RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i dont post on here very oftern as i am lucky with my DSE as it behaves itself and i done the O rings last Sunday and guess what,,, the screw undone with no problem at all, I just thought it would make a nice change to us all to have good news about that dam screw.

Now i know i am just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
viperover said:
which dam screw you on about
All the crap i hear about the screw everyone has trouble with doing the o rings and you have to ask me which one, ok its the one that holds the sun viser to the roof

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
sweep said:
viperover said:
which dam screw you on about
All the crap i hear about the screw everyone has trouble with doing the o rings and you have to ask me which one, ok its the one that holds the sun viser to the roof
Too funny :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

Well my oring screw was not screwed :lol: .... but... and there allways a "but", 1 month after I change the orings, the plastic of the heater matrix cracked and start leaking again... just brilliant... :crybaby2: Now I will replaced the **** thing with a Disco I matrix without orings... `)

Regards,
Sérgio

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Never had a problem with O ring screws..........guess it must be in the technique of doing it

Sunvisor o ring screw, nah, never done 'em, you'll have to post pics detailing the repair :snooty:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
viperover said:
Never had a problem with O ring screws..........guess it must be in the technique of doing it

Sunvisor o ring screw, nah, never done 'em, you'll have to post pics detailing the repair :snooty:
Black and white or colour . :?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SERSAN said:
Hi,

Well my oring screw was not screwed :lol: .... but... and there allways a "but", 1 month after I change the orings, the plastic of the heater matrix cracked and start leaking again... just brilliant... :crybaby2: Now I will replaced the **** thing with a Disco I matrix without orings... `)

Regards,
Sérgio
Its a pity Land Rover never thought of useing a disco matrix, i could never see why they used that stupid o ring system, maybe they should have used the old land rover heater system and controls

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
sweep said:
SERSAN said:
Hi,

Regards,
Sérgio
Its a pity Land Rover never thought of useing a disco matrix, i could never see why they used that stupid o ring system, maybe they should have used the old land rover heater system and controls
How is the Disco matrix sealed to the pipes that traverse the firewall?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could the rubber hoses connect to the matrix inside the firewall rather than ouside, i just think the more difficult they make diy repaires the more likely you'll take it to the dealers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

I´m thinking to put rubber hose to connect the matrix to the engine or do a mix between the stock pipes and rubber hose. The thing is, I want a connection that I trust and not that orings that fails when you less expect... I want to solve this reability things for good.

Regards,
Sérgio Santos

1 - 14 of 14 Posts