RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a 2nd hand nudge bar.

Haven't found the 2nd "wing" yet so at the moment I have 2/3rds of it! I's had abit of a nudge so I'll give it a bash with the sledgie and see how well it straightens.

If all goes well, then I'll just need to figure out how to mount it. Found a post telling me I need 10mm X 80 and 30mm spacers for the lower mount.

Will need to make something up for the top mounts. Has anyone done a tidy bodge job on these cos I thnk the factory brackets will be rare & $$.

Pic of the factory brackets:

·
Registered
494 Posts
once you have the hardware it's now sweat. once you remove the bumper it's just a matter of bolting on. have a friend help you. my brother and i knocked it out one saturday easily and i'd rate us as relatively but not heavily experienced car guys. i will caution you to throw a washer or rubber washer between the bolts mounting the bumper to the wagon and those cylindrical metal spacers. they like to rust eventually, and when they decide to become one removing the bumper can be a PIA. the clips on each side of the bumper are easier if you have a friend with smaller hands or a female friend b/c fumbling around up there is a little tight.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the fitting manual from RAVE. Looks like a pretty easy job if you have the mounting hardware :lol:

I've given it the bash with a sledgie and it has straigthened up nicely. There's a crack in the plastic (was there before I took to it :) ) so will need to look at tidying that up a bit but I'm not going to spend any cash on it until I have the whole thing and know how to sort out the top mounts.

dutchfrompredator said:
i will caution you to throw a washer or rubber washer between the bolts mounting the bumper to the wagon and those cylindrical metal spacers.
Thanks for that, will do.

keithdixon said:
A local engineer made a set for mine, http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30964
I was planning to make many more up but at the time there was little interest so did not bother
I found that thread while I was searching and meant to ask what they cost you.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good news: mechanics are pretty sure they have a mounting kit. :dance: Bad news is they think they might have sold the other wing !! :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually looking at removing and selling my nudge bar from my 4.6hse - is this an easy DYI? Or should it be a mechanic job?

·
Registered
453 Posts
if you have fog lights they will need unplugging, you can unplug from below, follow the wire approx 60cm and you'll find a plug/socket.
the fog lights also have breather tubes which just pull off.

remove 2 bolts under the bumper which holds the bumper to the crush cans, 2 clips one each end of the bumper which fixes the bumper to the wings and the bumper comes off (slides up then forward).
(The bumper is heavy, get the wife on one end when you take it off)
if it won't move kick it to free it up.
if it still won't move slacken a bolt which is on the fixing where you unclipped each end.

remove 8 bolts (i think) which holds the nudge bar onto the bumper.

once done, put bumper back on.
**You may need shorted bolts to hold the bumper back on as they will go back on without a spacer washer.

it'll take you approx 1/2 hr to remove / replace.
very easy diy.

unless the fog light plugs are corroded. (but you can check that before you remove)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts