RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 & 2012 Range Rover Sport HSEs
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...because I just posted the query about puddle lights.
So this is my first 'substantive' post. Here goes:
My wife has been driving her 2011 RRS HSE LUX for several years (second owner, still under 54k miles as of today), and since she occasionally lets me drive it, I finally decided I needed one, too. Did a lot of poking around, also hoping for a low-mileage one-owner. Found a 2011 just like hers, but with 140k miles! :roll: No thanks. Found another one locally (San Antonio), with only 42K, but it sold almost immediately. Then one, a 2012, in Houston with 49k miles, same thing - gone in a flash.
Ready to give up and say give it a rest, none available. Until one popped up in nearby Austin; 2012, one owner/non-smoker, 47k miles, complete service records, full set of brand new tires, no accidents, brand new brake pads and rotors, oil/filter change two weeks ago. Could not resist. Will bring it home later this week. :tongue:
2018_Austin_ProCar-Consulting_2012-Sport-HSE-LUX.jpg

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
159 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I feel your pain on the search for a good car. I looked at 6 Sports before I was able to find a clean one. #7 turned out to be a really clean Autobiography so yeah for me.

I was really wanting a Bournville colored one and talked in depth to a salesman at a dealer 8 hours away. Drove the family up there, (2 days and 16 hours on the road) to buy it and he totally lied. Faults in everything including missfires and would not warranty it... he only had half of one key and would not even step up for a whole one let alone a second one, would not warranty it... then after leaving realized the **** thing had been smoked in. It was in my clothes from the test drive.

Every one I looked at either had body repairs or had been smoked in. (salesman "But the car fax is clean!" Me "well half the car has been repainted", Ha)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts