Range Rovers Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you have the USB interface in your cars (I have a 2011 so not sure about the 2010's or older) why don't you just buy a 64 gig (can't imagine anyone needing more than that) flash drive for $30 and storing all your music on there? It's small, cheap, and you can always disconnect it and update it on your pc with any new songs. No cables to buy from LR, no Bluetooth devices to purchase. My $0.02

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
That's true, but there are things you can do with a connected iPhone that you cannot do, or not do as elegantly, with a "dumb" flash drive. Such as setting up and playing playlists, listening to Pandora or internet radio stations, etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's true, but there are things you can do with a connected iPhone that you cannot do, or not do as elegantly, with a "dumb" flash drive. Such as setting up and playing playlists, listening to Pandora or internet radio stations, etc.
That's a good point and I didn't think of that. I basically have all my music on two flash drives. Depending on the mood I'm in, I put one in and put it on random. I agree it's not easy to search for a song with the audio interface. But for me, I don't use Pandora so it works. I guess it just ticks me off that LR makes you buy an extra cable rather than having it come with the car. And then you still have to buy another one to convert to the lightening. I know on an $80K car what's a $150 worth of cables. It's just the principle! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011, and the USB lightning cable doesn't work for anything but charging. No music via Bluetooth in a 2011! I have the black iPod cable, though (which doesn't fit the iPhone 5), but I'm hopeful that the 30pin to lightning adapter (which I have on order) will allow for some functionality. We'll see.
Black ipod cable connect to http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViseeO-Tune...=UTF8&qid=1386592235&sr=8-1&keywords=tune2air and it all works via bluetooth, it really is nice :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Black ipod cable connect to http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViseeO-Tune...=UTF8&qid=1386592235&sr=8-1&keywords=tune2air and it all works via bluetooth, it really is nice :)

Hi there, i've ordered 2 of these, both dead on arrival, did you have to do anything special to get this rolling? The bluelight never comes on, i've used 2 different ipod rover cables, turned stereo on/off, same with care, iphone 5 doesn't see tune2air on bluetooth list etc, can't seem to get this to work or find many alternatives, thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2010. It's not the tune2air that is the issue. Early production 2010's have a USB/iPod module in the center console that won't charge newer (iphone 4 on) devices. It was corrected in late 2010 production models with part # LR021802. I was lucky and was getting a device error on an original iPod so they replaced it under warranty with the new version and a software update.

There is another thread on here about the module though. LR couldn't figure it out And one of the forum members pulled the module from the 2011 center console, popped it in the 2010 and it started working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2011 RRS HSE. Whenever I plug my portable drive to the USB connector ,I get that error message "device error". What do I need to do to fix that problem? I am already not happy with the fact this car has only one single CD slot and now I can not use my portable drive which contains most of my music.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I discovered the answer. It is not perfect as you will appreciate. Turn the iphone or ipod to airplane mode in the settings. The music should then play normally. The downside if it is an iphone is that the hands free cuts out. The only solution I found was to own two devices. The iphone will cut in over the pod.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts