Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
just purchased two '13 RR Sports. 2 weeks before, I purchased the new Iphone 5 along with the mandatory lightning power cord. What i've recently discovered is that the software in the new mandatory cord is not compatible (for music playback) with the RR audio software. Plugging in and syncing to the car, the phone and its capabilities are recognized. Unfortunately for me, a music lover, the playback feature from ipod to vehicle is not recognized. Playback via bluetooth works, but is very limited in scope. As of this moment this specific demographic is small, but guaranteed to increase exponentially in short time.
I'd love to hear if anyone has experienced this issue yet, and if the company is aware and alert to the problem....

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
I have a 2011, and the USB lightning cable doesn't work for anything but charging. No music via Bluetooth in a 2011! I have the black iPod cable, though (which doesn't fit the iPhone 5), but I'm hopeful that the 30pin to lightning adapter (which I have on order) will allow for some functionality. We'll see.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2012 RRS and my iPhone 5 is working fine. I am using the new Lighting cable plugged into the Rover and am able to browse and play my iPhone playlists. I also tested Bluetooth config and it works fine as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 RRS and my iphone5 connects perfectly with the lightning cable adapter plugged into my iphone and OEM connector. It plays the music and it shows up the songs/playlists on the nav screen like it did with my iphone4. I just received it today and tried it out because I had a bad feeling that it wouldn't work and I would have to go back to the iphone4.

·
Registered
149 Posts
2012 RRS and iPhone % working fine with bluetooth. Haven't tried the lighting cord yet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a 2012 RRS... where are you plugging the lightening cable in to that allows more functionality than bluetooth?

Dr Nooro

·
Registered
322 Posts
bump... is this something that needs to be purchased, like an ipod connectivity kit? or is it standard on the 2012?

·
Registered
35 Posts
There are two USB ports in the center armrest cover (inside the armrest). One is for generic MP3 players and one is for iPod/iPhone. This is a standard feature on 2012's.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
924 Posts
I have a 2011, and the USB lightning cable doesn't work for anything but charging. No music via Bluetooth in a 2011! I have the black iPod cable, though (which doesn't fit the iPhone 5), but I'm hopeful that the 30pin to lightning adapter (which I have on order) will allow for some functionality. We'll see.
I couldn't wait any longer and I purchased the 8" 30pin to lightning cord and it does work. I wasn't sure if it was which was another reason I waited to find the adapter locally. The only thing I have an issue with is playlists and searching for the song that I want to play.

But that is my issue since I do not have playlists yet. Hopefully I will find time to fix my laziness with iTune 11 tonight. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 RRS and iPhone 5. After connecting the phone side with Bluetooth I had an issue with the music side. On the iPhone you have the option to output to the cable (as an iPod) or the Bluetooth (as a stream). Usually you see a rectangle with an arrow at the bottom of the iPhone screen when there is more than one possible destination to change the output direction. You might also use this if you wanted to send the output to AirPort Express, a wireless sound dock or some other Apple accessory.

Apart from the above, I haven't had an issue with Music or Phone. It is a little annoying the iPhone decides to prioritise streaming music via Bluetooth and thus you need to go back to the Audio screen on the car to make sure you have selected BT audio instead of IPod. BT audio streaming does not seem to give you the functionality you get when having it set to iPod. As an aside, I usually have an iPod Classic plugged into the car all the time. I thought I might not need to do that with this car but the iPhone output selection issue will probably stop me doing that unless I find a setting somewhere for it. I have already installed the iPod Classic into the RRS and it is working as it should with full control and playlists, etc.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yup. 30pin to lightning adaptor works perfectly with a 2011 RRS, OEM cable, and iPhone 5.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HiI have the same problems in my RRS 2010, just bought the new iPhone 5 and can't get over my music even with the adaptor I'll be very grateful if you can send me the references of your cable or a link where to buy one Best

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a new owner of a 2010 RRS SC. I just bought an OEM iPhone cable yesterday and used it with a 30pin to lightning adapter to play music from my iPhone 5. I hate that I can't stream music over Bluetooth with such a newer car. I'm thinking of just buying an iPad, putting all of our music on it, and leave in the truck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm a new owner of a 2010 RRS SC. I just bought an OEM iPhone cable yesterday and used it with a 30pin to lightning adapter to play music from my iPhone 5. I hate that I can't stream music over Bluetooth with such a newer car. I'm thinking of just buying an iPad, putting all of our music on it, and leave in the truck.
Dont need an IpAd for that. A good old Ipod will do the trick fine, and save a lot of space in the process.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
The USB port only charges in my 2010 RRS and generates a "Device Error" with the Lightning Cord and my iPhone 5. I purchased the LR Cord on eBay and use it with the Lighting 30-Pin 0.2 adaptor and it plays and charges simultaneously. Anyone purchasing a the Lightning to 30 pin adaptor should definitely get the 0.2 version and not the standard as the standard is not long enough to work with most iPhone 5 cases.

Here is a link to the 0.2 adaptor. http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m?fnode=3a

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
So, I just purchased an '08 Sport and want to use my iPod to listen to music. There is an AUX between the seats which I think is what I'm supposed to use to plug in right? Though I'm not sure what type of cable I'm supposed to use. Can someone tell me the best one to purchase? Can I use the 30 pin from the link above? But not sure where I would plug that in????

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Classic
9 Posts
I purchased the LR Cord on eBay and use it with the Lighting 30-Pin 0.2 adaptor and it plays and charges simultaneously.
I have a 2010 RR Supercharge and the LR ipod/iphone connector. Purchased the 30-pin/lightning connector - most functions seem to work but it does not charge... anyone else have the same problem? could it be the 30-pin cable?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Only thing I can think of is a bad cable. That should work fine. Did you get an apple cable or knockoff?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a 2010 RR Sport HSE--Lux package, if that matters. I can't get my iphone 5 to play music either and don't understand people recommending the 30pin adapter b/c the 30pin part is a female end and the jack in the armrest of the car (marked ipod) is also a female end....? I went to the apple store for a male 30pin but they don't make one so what are ya'll talkin' bout?? Thanks!!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
On MY2010/2011s, you need a proprietary "iPod Link" interface cable (you may purchase it from Land Rover, or look on eBay or a few online suppliers such as BPUtah.com) between iPod/iPhone and arm rest receptacle. Do you have such a proprietary cable? You would then connect the Apple adapter thingie between LR cable and your iPhone 5 to make it work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts