Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my Navicomputer.
The screen is blue with orange text that say:
Loading of software required.
Please insert
A suitible CD-ROM

When i insert a navi CD, the screen says press ok using the rotary knob. When i try to press ok, nothing happens.

Anyone had this problem before?

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Without knowing your model year there is not much to go on here. Since you are say CD navigation instead of DVD obviously you have an early L322. Has your battery been disconnected any time recently? Is this a new issue? Has the nav system ever worked for you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry! forgot to include the vehicle spesifications, 2003 L322 Range Rover vouge 3l diesel.
The Navi worked, untill i borrowed a diagnostic tool and entered the language section for the navi voice... after this the navi stopped working. I have tried to disconnect the battery several times.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
You may have "bricked" your GPS with the battery disconnects. Failure to follow proper battery disconnect procedures will kill your GPS computer/disc reader. Older GPS systems take 8-10 minutes to store the last direction of travel and last position. This is so that when you start up again your GPS doesn't have to reaquire position. When disconnection the battery you MUST allow all systems to go into sleep mode prior to disconnecting power. This includes your main ECU. Your ECU will not go to sleep until the GPS has gone through it's shut down procedure. If the shut down procedure is terminated by a loss of power your GPS was not given the chance to save all of it's files and is now useless.

I don;t know of anyone that can reflash or restore operation of ruined GPS units. In the last of the P38s and the first gen/BMW years of L322 the systems are considered useless/obsolete to begin with. When the GPS is bricked most people upgrade systems or replace the units with known good units.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts