RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘13 RRS HSE Lux and I have a problem with the driver’s seat. The driver’s seat has what I would call perma-lumbar inflation. There is a hard horizontal band about 1/3 up the back. I guess another possibility is the upper 2/3 is too soft. Either way, I can’t even drive it without back pain. It’s not just uncomfortable, you can actually feel a hard band across your back. I do know it’s not the lumbar support as it functions correctly. It expands, contracts and moves up and down. Is this a problem for others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Doesn't sound normal. I don't know how different the seats are between an HSE and AB, I guessing not much, but nothing feels like that in my seats. Also, are you sure your lumbar goes up and down ? I thought they only went in and out in these trucks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't sound normal. I don't know how different the seats are between an HSE and AB, I guessing not much, but nothing feels like that in my seats. Also, are you sure your lumbar goes up and down ? I thought they only went in and out in these trucks.
Sorry, you're correct, the lumbar just adjusts in and out. It's crazy but I think the cushioning at the top of the seat is worn in. That seems odd as it only had 50,000 miles and there's no sign of excessive wear on the leather. I weigh 190 so it's not like I'm unreasonably compressing the cushioning.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Does it inflate? Perhaps the Pump has gone bad and stuck in the inflated Position.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the lumbar inflated and deflates. The lumbar is also below this metal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts