RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading out on a long road trip yesterday so i loaded a few DVD's i rented from Hollywood Video into the DVD Player. it recognizes that something is in there but it will not play them. it will play my daugheters Disney movies all day long though.

Additionally i cant get the front (nav) screen to play the movie up front (when the car is on and im in park ofcourse)

Any help would be appreciated

:evil:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Thoroughly clean the surface of the problem discs first and then try swapping their location in the loading magazine, as I found that makes a difference sometimes. You may also want to purchase and run a cleaning disc to remove any dirt from the lens inside your changer - there is a ton of dust collecting back there. Some DVDs won't play on my player either though, no matter where I put them on the magazine or how much I clean them. I was never able to play Ratatouille (a Disney disc...) for example, yet it plays no problem on my home system. :think:

As far as DVDs not playing on the front monitor even when you are parked or stationary, if you own a MY06 or early build 2007 RRS I'm afraid that's how the system was intended to work. Late 07s and newer allow you to watch movies on the touchscreen when parked. There are workarounds (search for Nav-TV on the forum.)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wait, hold up here.... I'm still trying to get past "Hollywood Video"!
Didn't that go the way of 8-tracks, rotary phones, horse & buggy, and dinosaurs? :think:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips i will try them when i get home. I have an 06, I guess my dealer needs to brush up on his facts because he told me the nav screen plays as well.

wait... you guys dont have 6 slot 8 track players?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
yo zosic, saw this and thought of ya! http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CCMQ9QEwBg

Be a good system to watch your "Spod McKenzie" tv spots or seach "the google" while your telex prints your next McGaever assignment.

In good spirit bro! :D, but thanks CA-SPORT for bringing it to my attention

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was never able to play Ratatouille (a Disney disc...) for example,
I can confirm Ratatouille plays on my 2010 system. I'm also pleased it plays DVD-R and DVD+R well. Since my kids aren't old enough to work the remote, I rip the DVDs and burn just the title track without all the previews and menus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts