RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 2010 RRS SC.... I like the vehicle on the whole... but it has a few things I hate! One being the
Iphone/Ipod integration.. it's terrible.. I finally got the cable, btw not from the dealer @ $130.. but from fleabay...
the controls must have been designed by some engineers son/daughter on a weekend... arghhh a total disappointment

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
just bought a 2010 RRS SC.... I like the vehicle on the whole... but it has a few things I hate! One being the
Iphone/Ipod integration.. it's terrible.. I finally got the cable, btw not from the dealer @ $130.. but from fleabay...
the controls must have been designed by some engineers son/daughter on a weekend... arghhh a total disappointment
Man... that's terrible. You should give the truck back.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Welcome. LR is about 3-4 yrs behind the leading curve in the infotainment dept. It's part of the charm.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
Yeah, there is definitely some "sacrifice" driving one of these beauties in the technology realm. Having had the several rovers in the past, I never thought much of LR lacking in the technology department until I drove BMWs for a few years and now my wife's Audi Allroad (Audi has the tech down for sure). Getting in the RRS reminds you that you drive a statement piece with a heritage based on off-roading and adventure, not the highway queens we have become accustomed to. Regardless, when you look at these beasts you remember how special they are despite their delay in getting up to speed on tech. I think LR might be now after seeing the all new RR... albeit, a rapid departure from off-roading!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just put in a CD of the Wynton Marsalis and enjoy the rich history of Range Rover.

Leave the hi-tech gizmos to the inferior dogs on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
It is truly mind-boggling that today's mass-consumers have a bad automobile ownership experience over something as lame as a $200 dollar iPhone. They should just put four wheels on an iPhone and sell them as an alternative to folks who cannot cope without the full, life-changing, "experience" that Apple provides.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It is truly mind-boggling that today's mass-consumers have a bad automobile ownership experience over something as lame as a $200 dollar iPhone. They should just put four wheels on an iPhone and sell them as an alternative to folks who cannot cope without the full, life-changing, "experience" that Apple provides.
Very well written.

You drive a Range Rover, not a **** Toyota / Honda / or some other pile of metal. You can go without whatever mainstream music the record companies are forcing on the masses of sheep.

Put in a good CD or listen to the news.

Use your iPhone for what it should be able to do--make a telephone call, for which is still does very poorly.

·
Registered
325 Posts
i love my iphone. i also love the galaxy s4, note 2, q10 etc. i use waze gps all the time. i listen to podcasts. bluetooth is essential. this stuff matters fellas. let's not pretend the rrs you drive is not a foo-foo luxo barge.

i also happen to love my '13 hyundai elantra. it is what it is.

but then if i had to give all that up and my rrs for this... i'd do it in an instant.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
81 Posts
I'm still disappointed that newer Porche's have cup holders. The first thing I do when I drive my wife's RR Sport is turn off the navigation screen. I'm just not into the technology stuff (not that others shouldnt' be) . But why spend the $$$ on a '10 SC and not look at something like this in the first place? I say get over it and enjoy all the other great things about the vehicle. Before you know it, a dash light will be on so live it up now!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you guys that douchy here? Sorry I made the post.. I guess that I hate the whole RR experience, according to what I've just read. I just would have thought that a 100k truck would have a little more technology involved something as simple as an interface for a phone.
Sorry about not having used a CD or bought one for about the past 10 years..
I've come from a long list of Audi's and never had an issue...
lol I'll be leaving now... thanks for nothing.. and the warm welcome

·
Registered
L494 V8 SC Dynamic
225 Posts
Are you guys that douchy here? Sorry I made the post.. I guess that I hate the whole RR experience, according to what I've just read. I just would have thought that a 100k truck would have a little more technology involved something as simple as an interface for a phone.
LOL. I think main problem was your first post is a rant about iPod integration. Most of people in this forum are aware that RR's can be behind the times a bit in tech. We still love them though & I could care less about it. Peace out.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I just would have thought that a 100k truck would have a little more technology involved something as simple as an interface for a phone.
A bit thin skinned, aren't we?

I guess if you had done your homework prior to buying your Sport (or lurked here for a few weeks, like you claim you did), the limitations of the infotainment system should not have been a surprise as they have been discussed ad nauseam on this forum alone since the Sport's inception. FYI, my 2013 LR4 finally seems to have got iPod/iPhone integration done right, unlike your 2010 which involved expensive proprietary cables and a relatively clunky and slow interface... Too bad that most high-end car manufacturers moved on to more exciting stuff 3 or 4 years ago. Like several non-douchy members above pointed out, Land Rover seems a few years behind the curve when it comes to in-car information and entertainment technology (although they are apparently doing something about it: http://www.zdnet.com/2014-the-year-of-the-linux-car-7000014091/ and http://www.computerweekly.com/news/2240182901/Jaguar-Land-Rover-develops-in-car-firmware-updates)

Good luck taking your long list of Audis off road, let us know if they remain issue-free. ;-)

·
Registered
325 Posts
when grown dudes start using the word "hate" to describe inanimate things made of wires and plastics and get their panties wadded up... i just smh and wonder who the heck raised them?

the pre-10 RRSs are pre-historic looking so much so that "I couldn't care less" about them. i see it misused all the time and i HATE IT!!!!

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Waaahhhh.What a trip. I always get a kick when folks log into the forum jsut to moan about something our rigs don't have. As if these genious folks think whining about it will change the fact they didn;t bother to research PRIOR to their purchase. GTFU. Then again that is jsut my douchy opinion. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I felt the same way when I joined this forum. It was as if I was fresh meat thrown out into the tundra for a pack of famished wolves. But what you will learn is that the members here are diverse and unique much like our beloved Range Rovers. And comparing your Land Rover to sheeple brands such as BMW and Audi you're opening the cabin door for the hunter to throw you to the wolves. Stick around and learn to love us. Otherwise you'll be rubbing and dancing with the norm.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm still disappointed that newer Porche's have cup holders.
This is indeed disappointing. However, the great news is the newer 911's cup holders are very highly concealed above the glove box and covered with a panel. Completely invisible to anyone who did not know they were there.

This works perfectly, as I never allow people to drink anything in my 911 and I can act less obsessed with this by advising them that the car does not have cup holders and they immediately understand.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Does anyone know if Ferrari's have cupholders?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I felt the same way when I joined this forum. It was as if I was fresh meat thrown out into the tundra for a pack of famished wolves. But what you will learn is that the members here are diverse and unique much like our beloved Range Rovers. And comparing your Land Rover to sheeple brands such as BMW and Audi you're opening the cabin door for the hunter to throw you to the wolves. Stick around and learn to love us. Otherwise you'll be rubbing and dancing with the norm.
i'm starting to think you're kind of a normal cool dude CL. lol

·
Registered
325 Posts
This is indeed disappointing. However, the great news is the newer 911's cup holders are very highly concealed above the glove box and covered with a panel. Completely invisible to anyone who did not know they were there.

This works perfectly, as I never allow people to drink anything in my 911 and I can act less obsessed with this by advising them that the car does not have cup holders and they immediately understand.
here's mine! long live the mezger!!!!

these cupholders like u said are more useful than the ones on the rrs. it's out of the way so you have a clean center console for rowing them gears proper

1 - 20 of 55 Posts