RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
hello sorry if this has been covered before I鈥檓 a newbie

I have a 04 l322 td6

currently a non runner have replaced every sensor possible on it. But I鈥檓 not getting any current to the injectors

I have had the ecu replaced and coded

It will turn over for a while untill the battery goes dead .

getting plenty of fuel pressure and engine speed reading ok on the laptop.
Please help before I burn the 馃が馃が

Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
So what is the story? Is this vehicle new to you and acquired non-running or when has it stopped starting?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it a while back . It was currently non runner, it drove into the mans yard no problem and never started again for him

Registered
Sounds like you knowingly bought a non starter. I hope you are mechanically inclined. You need air, fuel (good fuel rail pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure control valve and fuel pump), spark plugs, a good battery and a working crankshaft sensor to run, besides the ecu needing to get the okay from the bcm to let the vehicle turn over. When you said it has plenty of fuel pressure, did you measure the pressure with a tool or did you do it visually? Are there any stored faults in the ecu?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
All has been checked. No pulse to injectors. No fault codes been on 4 different computers.
had a ecu fitted and coded but still no joy

Registered
I would start with no pulse to the injectors. Is the vehicle superlocked or immobilized? It would help to know the full history of the vehicle, whether or not the previous owner is withholding the truth from you. If that is the case, the ecu will not allow the vehicle to turn over. It does that to prevent theft by not sending signal to numerous modules...starter, ignition and such. When the ecu was swapped, was a resynch between the ews immobiliser and the ecu done? I am just throwing ideas out there of likely causes but ultimately you would have to dive down into why you aren't getting signal to the injectors and whether or not there is an underlying issue that must first be resolved.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
It鈥檚 turning over ok . No fault codes for immobiliser. As far as I鈥檓 aware it鈥檚 all coded correctly. I鈥檓 at my whits end with it now. I personally know the previous owner. He driver it approx 120 mile with the horse box in and parked it in the yard went in for his tea and come back out to it and never started again. Just turning over. Drove down the road without a problem

Registered
It鈥檚 turning over ok . No fault codes for immobiliser. As far as I鈥檓 aware it鈥檚 all coded correctly. I鈥檓 at my whits end with it now. I personally know the previous owner. He driver it approx 120 mile with the horse box in and parked it in the yard went in for his tea and come back out to it and never started again. Just turning over. Drove down the road without a problem
Okay so you were able to start it and drove it down the road without a problem? That changes the entire game plan. It isn't superlocked or immobilized then. After you crank it for a while, remove a few spark plugs and check to see if they are wet with fuel? The Td6 I believe has a fuel rail pressure sensor and a fuel pressure control valve. Have you checked them both?

LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
There are various things in the fuel system that can prevent a TD6 starting. I would suggest trying to start with the aid of "quick start" spray.

If it does start and continues to run I will give you a bunch of suggestions on what to check. This is a fairly common fault on these early L322 diesel engines.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I鈥檝e had it running on easy start but will not continue l. There is no electric pulse to the injectors to let them open this is what I鈥檓 asking for help with. to see if anyone else has ever had this problem

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so you were able to start it and drove it down the road without a problem? That changes the entire game plan. It isn't superlocked or immobilized then. After you crank it for a while, remove a few spark plugs and check to see if they are wet with fuel? The Td6 I believe has a fuel rail pressure sensor and a fuel pressure control valve. Have you checked them both?
Yes I have checked the valves. But I鈥檓 nearly sure it鈥檚 electrical. With the no pulse to the injectors

LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
I鈥檝e had it running on easy start but will not continue l. There is no electric pulse to the injectors to let them open this is what I鈥檓 asking for help with. to see if anyone else has ever had this problem
Can you list the sensors that you replaced. Certain conditions have to be met or the ECU will not signal the injectors to operate. The engine may still spin but will not start unless the ECU gets the info it needs.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Pump
Rail
Crank
Air flow
Boost pressure
Cam
Ecu
6x injectors

all genuine Bmw

still no fault codes just no pulse to injectors

LEGACY VENDOR
Range Rover MkIII / L322
Do you have RAVE - the official workshop manual? I have attached the Engine Management Section in case you dont have it.

I have also listed a few of the sensors that may cause the engine not to start in case of failure. Some will prevent the engine from turning however most will allow it to spin but will inhibit injector signals.

Low pressure fuel sensor on top of fuel filter - The ECM will monitor the LP fuel sensor and, in the event of very low pressure, will stop the engine to prevent damage to the HP injector pump.

Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor - If the ECM registers an 'out of range' deviation for any of the above a fault is stored in the ECM memory. This will result in immediate engine shutdown. In the event of a failure of the fuel rail pressure sensor, the following symptoms may be observed:
Engine will not start
Severe loss of power
Engine stalls.

Fuel Rail Pressure Control Valve - In the event of a total failure of the fuel rail pressure control valve, the following symptoms may be observed:
Engine will not start

Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor - In the event of CKP sensor failure, the following symptoms may be observed:
Engine cranks, but fails to start

Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor - If a fault occurs with the CMP sensor when the engine is running, the engine will continue to run but the ECM will deactivate boost pressure control. Once the engine is switched off, the engine will crank but will not restart while the fault is present.

I realise that you have changed some of these sensors but its not unknown for replacements to be faulty as well. Somewhere in the attachment there is mention of replacing the ECM and it must be replaced in conjunction with the immobilisation ECU but it is a bit vague.

I hope that somewhere in amongst that you can find a solution. Another thing to remember is the ECM does not have a very high IQ and some faults although very obvious, do not get reported. This can mean that people overlook certain sensors because the diagnostics fails to report them.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for your reply. I have swapped the sensors out of a running l322 . So I know there all ok. I鈥檓 just stuck with it having no codes. I thought surely it would have brought up a code for something...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts