RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any custom navigation/tv systems that have been installed in the pre nav vehicles?

Id like to just see whats available and not base my vehicle purchase on nav only vehicles.

Some of the older 02 models don't have navigation, but the prices seem alot better than the newer /3/4 model with nav.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi stevh0,

The problem with fitting an aftermarket satnav/tv/radio system is that the original Range Rover in-car entertainment system is an integral part of the vehicle, so a lot of integration is required to get a replacement to work properly.

I have been told by my local dealer that it is not even possible to upgrade to the Range Rover satnav/tv system, as the wiring looms are completely different.

Having said that, it can be done, but make sure you can revert back to the original system, as it is unlikely to add value when you come to sell the car.

If you want this feature, then I suggest you buy one with it already fitted.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is exactly the answer I needed.

Thank you!

I prefer the facia look of the Nav fitted cars to the non fitted ones. The latter looks very BMW.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
stevh0 said:
Some of the older 02 models don't have navigation, but the prices seem alot better than the newer /3/4 model with nav.
Not quite right.

All UK/EU spec Vogue's had Sat Nav/TV but it was an option on the HSE and SE. You can still buy an 02 with Nav, it will be more expensive, but then it will have a whole load of other options that the HSE & SE didnt have (I've even seen an SE with cloth seats!)

Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
South Africa on the otherhand, is a little bit different to the UK and US

We only have the HSE V8 models here. That and the TD6 (in the 02/03)

I prefer the smoothness of the Bmw v8 though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know what you mean stevh0, i bought my 2002 HSE with the intention of putting the satnav/tv unit in, only to be told that it was not possible to do without taking the car almost to pieces.

Dan - are you saying that this is not the case and that the satnav/tv control unit and associated harware can be retro-fitted???

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
garioch43 said:
Dan - are you saying that this is not the case and that the satnav/tv control unit and associated harware can be retro-fitted???
No, sorry i thought the OP was looking to buy a RR or something and didnt realise the Vogue was standard with Nav.... As you're already aware you have to rip most of the interior out to fit the original Nav. Personally I would sell it and buy a Vogue, there isn't a massive price difference. I paid £11,000 for my Vogue with LPG. But that was just before the Gov changed their mind on onlder cars paying the super car tax, now its 06+ on that pays a small fortune.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts