RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi range rover friends... Does anyone have a tip on how the quieten my wipers?
Its at the blades when the change direction at the top.. Pretty annoying indeed!
Thanks Peter

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I've had this happen on previous vehicles and it was so annoying that I'd resist putting the wipers on at all so I feel your pain.I switched to a set of Bosch 1 piece wiper blades and never had an issue with it again.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Useful tip. I will try Bosch next.
I put a new set of Halfords blades and they have made noise almost from new. Very annoying!
Never had problems with their blades before though.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,219 Posts
I've just started having this problem with the drivers side wiper on my RR... and of course being in the UK where it's always wet, it's a PITA..

Was going to go to Halfords tomorrow and get some new blades - but thinking I'll give that a miss now... there's an auto parts store near me, which whilst it might be a bit more expensive, is probably worth it!

I had some yellow blades on my first P38, and whilst everyone took the p*ss because of the colour (on a green RR) they definitely worked!

·
Registered
408 Posts
I use either Bosch or Rain X brand single piece wipers, work silently and look good too, I even use a single piece blade on the rear wiper too!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Marty, i have bought blades at Halfords almost out of habit for ages on the assumption that prices are reasonable.
I think i paid something like £18-£20 for the pair of blades for the RR.
Britparts seems to do them for about £2 each. Not tried them myself, so can't say whether they are better or worse, but makes Halfords look very expensive!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,219 Posts
Hi Mattau...

Yeah, seemed a bit extreme... I had a look in my local motor store this afternoon at the Bosch blades... £8.95 PER 22" blade... I think I'll have a look around, because £17 for a set of blades - which are in effect a couple of bits of rubber seems a bit steep!

Cheers,
Marty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts