RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. My wiper motor sounds like a strangeled cat when working. Some dry parts that need greasing or should I change the motor?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
771 Posts
Until you can actually see it, it’s hard to diagnose where the noise is coming from, a joint or the motor,, get a new plenum sponge as while the covers off you might as well change that as well.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
most likely not the motor at all and its the transmission pivots that are dried out. A bit of lithium spray should quiet them right up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried the litiumspray with no success. seems like coming from the motor itself. not much about this topic anywhere. seems to be a minor problem?

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Sadly there is nothing to service on the motor itself. It's usually the pivots in the transmission arms that make noise first. I would hunt up a used unit as new they are usually only sold with transmission assemblies for well over $400. Without a more general location in your profile we are unable to make recommendations for used parts vendors.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
771 Posts
It’s not that’s it’s a minor problem, just not a common one,, you can pick up a used unit from $50 upwards on a well known sell and buy site..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts