RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly my panorama roof became noisy, i.e. hard turn can make it squeak very slightly (can only be heard when music is off).

My next check-up isn't for months, anybody had or have this issue (still under warranty)?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes I have the same problem. I noticed that sometimes I start hearing squeaks and rattles from the panorama roof. I had to go through lots of elimination process until I found out tha it was from the panorama roof. The squeaks were driving me crazy when I am driving with music off. However, they don't always come out but when they do, you can pretty much hear them easily.

I found that if i opened the panorama roof (the glass not just the curtain) a little bit, and then close it, the sound goes away. But then it gets back again randomly.

I urge everyone to try to find out if this is something that they can notice in their cars. I have a feeling that LR can fix this via an adjustment or some plastic/rubber roof rings replacement.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I have the same problem. I noticed that sometimes I start hearing squeaks and rattles from the panorama roof. I had to go through lots of elimination process until I found out tha it was from the panorama roof. The squeaks were driving me crazy when I am driving with music off. However, they don't always come out but when they do, you can pretty much hear them easily.

I found that if i opened the panorama roof (the glass not just the curtain) a little bit, and then close it, the sound goes away. But then it gets back again randomly.

I urge everyone to try to find out if this is something that they can notice in their cars. I have a feeling that LR can fix this via an adjustment or some plastic/rubber roof rings replacement.
It is definitely fix-able since it was fine for one year! If you open the panorama with the one touch (only tilt) the noise goes away completely. I can only do this during the winter until I get to my next check up. It is really frustrating to hear.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I don't have a RR yet and I did pose a similar question a while ago. I know that when we ordered our 2010 E550 we went with a regular moon roof because all the MB forums were full of people complaining about squeaky panoramic roofs. When I asked here, there seemed to be few complaints, but I think with a panoramic design, you are going to get some movement at some point in time. They probably need to replace some gasket between surfaces or add lubrication to those gaskets.

I'll look at some of the old MB posts and see what their fixes were, they might also work for the RR & RRS.

·
Registered
717 Posts
These types of squeaks/sounds are almost always related to the rubber weatherstripping and gaskets. The tracks of your roof probably need a cleaning and re-lubrication. I would ask your dealer to address it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
YES, I have this too.
I finally nailed down the sunroof as the source last night. It was driving me nuts for a while now. I'm going to apply some Shin Etsu silicone grease and suspect it will go away. I normally treat the door seals and such anyway, but I haven't done the roof yet after a year now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts