RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving at low highway and surface street speeds my '06 RRS has developed a pronounced noise leak in the left rear pit area. As nearly as I can tell, it's coming from the left side vent back in the pit. I checked my doors, all latched, the glass on left side of the vehicle, interior body panels, and my tailgate and rear window, and everything seems to be in tightly fitted and in good shape (and no messages about open doors or tailgates or windows). I did however notice that when I had my tailgate open, the floor was damp (not soaked) from the left side and then along the carpeted lip area.

I don't know if these two things are related, but I discovered them at the same time. I wonder if perhaps the damp floor is clogged drain tubes (I had them cleaned out in spring of '18) as it has been raining in Southern California, but am also wondering if there's a condenser back there for something that might be leaking, and or the cause of the noise. The noise goes away completely at full stop, or when I go over bumps. Weird right?

Anyway, any thoughts or advice are appreciated. I tried searching for this in the forms but did not come up with anything similar.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Attached is a picture of the wet area for reference. I attempted to record the noise leak, but wasn't able to capture good audio of it with my phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts