Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a tiny fan/motor kind of noise from behind the center console right behind the heating/ac controls that never goes away. I sat in the car last night for 20 minutes with no keys in the ignition and it just kept going. I would hear some clicking sounds(kind of like cd changer but thats not it) about every 30 seconds or so. Anyone else have this?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
Search for Chirping or fan or noise. I believe this is common, possibly the ECU fan.

Dan

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I didnt know what to search for but I found the thread, thanks Dan. Probably the ECU fan, stays on 24/7 I guess.
I'll get to it once I get my Trans Fail Safe/electrical problem taken care of.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
If you were in the car the ECU wont go to sleep as the alarm sensors are showing it as occupied.

Dan

·
Registered
955 Posts
Probably normal...both my 06 and 2010 make that noise at times.

G

·
I just took my 1010 HSE in today for the fan noise. It has gotten progressively louder in the past month. I'm getting an oil change, new backup camera, recall fix, and that checked out. I've had it for 3 months and have had to replace the battery, totally replace the brakes, the aforementioned issues, and there are so many electrical gremlins I don't know where to begin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts