Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get new tires for my 2006 RR Sport and went into America's Tires today. Their website had listed the Yokohama YK 580 as an option in the size (255-50R19XL). However, the store manager said that they were not allowed to install the Yokohamas on Land Rovers because of some issue with compatibility between the tire construction and LRs?? There was even a big 'bulletin' on their internal website. Has anyone heard of this? Any truth to this? Their suggestion was to go with the Bridgestone Duellers . . . does anyone have experience with them?

· Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
478 Posts
I only run Yokohama's on my vehicles.

I am not sure what the bulletin is about but it probably is YK580 specific, not for all Yokohama tires. Since you have 19" wheels though, the tire many of us run on our RRS's, the Yokohama Parada Spec X is not a size option.

I run the YK580 on my 300 SRT-8 and it is a great tire. You can only get the YK580 from America's Tire/Discount Tire - its exclusive to them! As crazy as it sounds, if they won't sell it to you, I'd stay away....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.