RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
so i am have a 2003 range rover hse 4.4

the temp gauge is in the red and there is no crank

there is also no check engine light coming on with the key,

i have plugged in a regular auto zone scanner and it just reads a p1844 no engine codes at all

befor this issue i had 2 codes with a check engine light.

now they are gone and there is no check engine light with key

car will no crank or click or anything

temp gauge is stuck in red

took it to the dealer and they had it for 3 weeks and the wanted another 3 hours with it because they had no luck

ps,

i have replaced both temp sensors one with thermostat and the one on water pump.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Using my crystal ball tells me that the temp gauge in the red when the engine won;t even start is a good place to start. if that circuit is shorted out there may be others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all fuses are good any ideas how to test that. ?also dash is reading engine fail safe trans fail safe dsc inavtive and check tailgate light

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
All signs a weak battery, battery with a dead cell, corroded cables... as far as testing fuses visual inspection can easily fail. if you want verification you need to check for continuity with a meter or test light. Make sure to keep in mind some fuses have power at all times and others only with ignition.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
replace the fuse for the thermostat in the fuse box ,
disconnect the T stat connector, its on top of the T stat housing.
verify the explosive connector at the hot post has not pulled out of its housing.

The gray fuse block under the E box cover under the hood consists of five 30A fuses which provide live feeds from the battery to the following :

Fuse 1 – Engine ECU and transmission ECU ......replace this fuse
Fuse 2 – Camshaft position control
Fuse 3 – Front LH heated oxygen sensor
Fuse 4 – Engine ECU
Fuse 5 – Ignition coils relay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts