RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I last posted, but I have followed some great trouble shooting answers from here that have saved me a small fortune, so thank you all, now I seriously need some help.
I have 2011 TDV8 Vouge, my issue started when the rear passenger ABS Ring corroded out & broke the ABS sensor & every light in the dash lit up & I lost all special functions.

All repaired now & correct colour of ABS Sensor cable also used, all wheels reading speed on diagnostics live data, all lights reset.........took on a drive & at 30mph, all lights came up again, park brake, ABS, Air bag, no dynamics, no special functions etc, she also lowered down as well. Ok, all reset, road test fine, then the same happened again.

Now, my thoughts are the ABS Module! reason being when the ABS sensor broke off, the wires were rubbing against the corroded ring, so thinking this may have blew summit in the ABS Module, however, I switched on the ignition this morning, all fault lights are on, I started her up & all lights are still on, I then went to reverse & all lights went out soon as I reved her up a bit & I now have a normal dashboard, so now thinking it's maybe the battery that's at fault as it does loose power quickly, not because it's that old, but the starter motor (as I found out on here) may have a common fault with shorting that drains the battery down.

Anyone help me out here with pinpointing the cause???

As we stand now, I have just ordered a new battery & a new starter motor, all will be changed this week, but please bear in mind that the loss of all functions & the dash lighting up with every symbol on the dash, all started with the rear ABS sensor breaking, I have also done a hard reset, I haven't taken out for a drive as yet as the starter wire is loose & starter is not sounding too good, but done 70k, so new starter wont go wrong.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2016 HSE Td6
922 Posts
Battery drains an be a real problem. My old 322 was being drained by the NAV/audio system in the rear (which I believe was a common problem). The way I found mine was by measuring the draw and removing fuses until I found the issue. You could be fortunate and the starter is the issue, but just be careful about throwing parts at it. You could spend a fortune and never get to the fright part.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks L.E, well I forgot to mention, when all lights came on in the drive test, the speedo also went down, just hard to pinpoint exact cause, starter arrived today, so just away to get that changed tonight & while under there, will check all the earthing wires, then I will pop in a new battery tomorrow & if sll good, fine, if not, it will be ABS control module out & sent for test & repair if needed 🙈

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update, new started fitted which sounds so much better, new battery being fitted next week, alternator is fine & charging, dash all normal, soon as she hits 30mph, every light comes on & speedo drops out, stop, switch off, start up, all lights are still on, give a little rev, lights go out, drive to 30mph & all lights on & no speedo, very strange this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts