RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently bought a beautiful 05 rover without any prior knowledge of its history. I was told it just needed a starter since it wouldn't turn over by turning the key. apparently it was taken to a shop by previous owner and they told him it was the immobilizer. It was replaced and the shop told the guy i bought it from that it would have to go to Land Rover so they could hook up there proprietary equipt. and get all the computers talking again so it would run. I figured that was a bunch of bs which is why i decided to go ahead and buy it. I ended up replacing the starter and bypassed the immobilizer. And no i didnt just remove it.i left it intact and also bypassed everything with the ecu and trans comp. in order to make it turn over properly using the key. Well after doing that i went ahead and tried starting it. It finally turned over turning the key. Problem is im getting no spark and no fuel. I checked the voltage at one of the three wires of the fuel injectors and am only getting 13.8 volts on one wire. I also checked the relays in the ecu compartment. Im getting voltage out of the ignition relay. atleast i believe its the ignition relay from what ive been able to research online. I have a brand new battery so i know its not a voltage prob. i know these things need strong voltage to operate properly. I think ive got it narrowed down to the ECU, the ignition, or maybe somehow the immobilizer still. Although im not sure how cause the ignition is accepting my key and is turning over the vehicle. and all the doors open,windows work can lock/unlock it and whatever else so im pretty sure its not stuck in superlock or whatever. im really hoping that dealer isnt right and LR doesn't have special computers that i wouldnt be able to use nor afford personally. Landrover quoted something like $1500 to re program the key and hook up there special computers to it and get the systems talking together again. Why would i need the key reprogrammed if everything works and even turns the engine over? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

PS. i saw something about i need to include my location and vehicle signature to my posts as a new user. I dont see anything like that on my page. Can someone explain that to me. Im in Sarasota Fl. if thats what the location thing is about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you get this figured out? I have not bypassed my immobilizer but have been thinking about trying it. I can get starter to turn over by jumping wires in the starter relay but truck will not crank. Security system has my spark or fuel turned off because truck ran great until this electrical issue started.

thanks for any update you can share. I hope your truck is working for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts