Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 94 Classic cranks but i am getting no spark.
The car ran fine - needed a tune so i replaced plugs, Plug leads, ignition amplifier on the side of the distributor, coil, rotor arm and now she will not start.
I traced the fault to no spark at the end of the leads. I took the coil HT lead and checked for a spark against the body - no spark. The small wires at the two connections on the coil both have voltage when the ignition is turned on. The fuses in the main fuse box were checked - the one for the ECU (the red fuse) had blown. I changed it - still no spark. There are no fault codes on the display.

I am baffled.

· Registered
258 Posts
If it was running before, have you thought about refitting the old ignition amplifier.. it would rule out a duff new one..

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
problem solved.
Miggit you were bang on the money.
A new amplifier straight out of the box and it was as good as tits on a fish...
All fixed now.
Thanks for the help as always.

· Registered
258 Posts
:thumb: Glad it's all up and running... some times fitting new parts can be the wrong way to go.. I had 3 dud new spark plugs once out of a box of 10... threw the lot back at the supplier... but there was a lot of head banging while I worked out what the fault was, after the initial panic, followed by despair and ending in great depression, I walked away had a few cigarettes and a cupper... and it was then that I remembered that I'd suffered a dud plug on a single cylinder engine at work a few months before, and it was the same make of plugs that I was using for the Range Rover... refitted the old ones and I was a lot happier that the supplier of the plugs :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.