RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can not figure this one out. I ran my ipod video through the AV 1 terminals using the proper audio/video cable. I can see the picture on both headrest screens, but I can not get the sound to play. Any ideas how to get the sound to play? I don't have the wireless headsets so, I can not test too see if the sound plays through the headsets. What am I missing here? Thanks, E

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Audio only plays through the rear headsets when connected to AV1/AV2 inputs of the Rear Seat Entertainment System, not through the car speakers. That's normal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your going to have to get the USB adapter, after that you can play your ipod through the sound system and the song info comes up on the screen. You can also switch songs from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ChipN said:
Your going to have to get the USB adapter, after that you can play your ipod through the sound system and the song info comes up on the screen. You can also switch songs from the steering wheel.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Can you elaborate more on this "USB" adapter? Where can I get one? What does it look like?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
It's called Audio Connectivity Kit. It sounds better than it is, and it ain't exactly cheap for what it does, but it does the job. I think it's listed as compatible with 2007-2009 RRs on the various LR accessories brochures, but if I am not mistaken - and I have been mistaken before... :oops: do a search - some forum members here have determined it will also fit MY06s. Here is a source: http://bputah.com/RR44/Range_Rover_Ipod ... n_Kit.html (probably cheaper than your average dealer, and it's not terribly difficult to install by yourself.) Land Rover part # for the kit is/was LR004806, should you wish to price it locally.

My guess is that it may not be 100% compatible with later generations of iPod Touch and iPhones (3G/3GS/4), meaning it may or may not charge those devices while they are connected since this kit came out before those Apple products... Perhaps someone else can chime in about that.

PS: You'll lose the "video" portion from your iPod Video if you connect it that way of course, the kit is strictly for audio playback over the car's sound system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts