RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio comes on and I can switch from CD to FM to Satellite no problem, but I am not getting any sound at all, and also none of my steering wheel buttons are working (including Navigation, and Telephone or horns), beginning to wonder if this is the MOST system causing me some issues. Navigation works fine. Checked all fuses...nothing off that I can find. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any news PJ? Tried a battery reset yet? I had that problem a couple of times, but it went away after an ignition recycle, so obviously something didn't boot up properly for me.
Hi Umberto...good idea...I haven't tried that yet...still no sound today either. I'll try the battery reset and then if that doesn't work start heading underground to the wiring loom...wonder if there is some connection to the old chafing issue under the driver's seat from years ago. Other than that I'm not sure what else it could be...and the odd thing is I can't use my GAP tool to see if there is a code of some sort, because the steering wheel buttons aren't responding so it won't activate the menu on the tool. :)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Didn't you have issues with the rotary coupler on the wheel some time back? Or was that someone else? Just wondering if that's acting up.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I would check the connections to the Logic 7 amplifier under the passenger seat first, particularly the optical one of the MOST ring (unplug it and see if the red light is visible through the optical socket.)

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
If you turn the volume knob, does it show the volume changing?

The volume level is communicated from the Amplifier, so if it shows a change, even with no sound, the MOST ring is up, and most likely going to be component failure.

Hard reset is a good step one.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good memory Goose...I had replaced my horn buttons a while back and that solved the issue at the time of the horn not working if my memory serves me correctly. I'll try the unplugging of the amplifier...I think my volume is NOT showing up on the screen as changing...now I'll have to head to the garage to check it out! Appreciate the tips fellas! Roverguy...when you say component failure...which component of the system are you referring to...amplifier or radio? Something has to be in common for all the steering wheel buttons and the radio to both be on the fritz...

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
If we're into fiber optics and laser lights, this problem is beyond my pay grade. I'll step aside.

Good luck Paul.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If we're into fiber optics and laser lights, this problem is beyond my pay grade. I'll step aside.

Good luck Paul.
Activating my Star Wars wand here shortly! Hoping a hard reset does the trick!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any news PJ? Tried a battery reset yet? I had that problem a couple of times, but it went away after an ignition recycle, so obviously something didn't boot up properly for me.
Had this same issue with mine once. I was driving, stopped, turned off the car, and when on again, nothing. It wasn't until I turned off the engine, closed the doors and locked the car, and then unlocked and restarted that everything started to work. Chalk it up to another RR gremlin.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all...well here's the status:

Did a hard reset for 10 minutes...no luck.

Undid the wires on the amplifier and...

1. Yes, the red light on the fiber optic is working.
2. The volume indicator does not work on the radio when I turn the knob.

I presume that means my amplifier is shot?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
The amp has a fuse? Maybe you blew it cranking the new Taylor Swift album?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am never ever ever ever never going to play that song again! :) HHmm...well, I don't know it does have a fuse on the amplifier...I'll take another look!

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Or a reset button on the amp--some amps have them I dunno about this one. Try the fusebox, my manual says its a 30A #42. Even if it tests ok, I'd pull it and do a hard reset on the amp. And pray.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New fuse...another hard reset...no luck. Sounds like a trip to the stereo shop for a diagnostic...although I'm still puzzled as to why the steering wheel buttons and the radio are not working at the same time...too much of a coincidence in my mind.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Umberto! So...I do get a flashing red light for a few flashes on the cable side of the optical connection, then the light just stays solid. On the amplifier side, I got 2 red flashes and then it goes dead...nothing...no lights. Presumably that would indicate a problem upstream of the amplifier, or the amplifier itself is shot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I'm new to this site I have a 06 RR sport my radio has no sound volume bottom works and I can see it on screen can anyone help me thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts