RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1995 hasn't had an operable rear wiper since I bought it. I had some time off work and decided to figure out what is wrong. Initially I determined it wasn't working because the ground wire at the motor had been cut. I reconnected it to find it was cut because the wiper arm would get stuck at the bottom of the stroke. While I was sorting that out I determined that there are two positive wires, one with constant power and the other switched via the rear wiper button on the dash. Everything looked good except for the motor. That took me down the path of sourcing a new motor and I thought I was almost done.

The new motor works fine on the workbench when connected to a battery. When installed in the truck, nothing happens. I checked my ground and it is solid. Then I checked the two positive leads. Neither has power no matter the position of the switch. Assuming I must have shorted something when removing the old motor or installing the new one I checked fuse 15 and it is good.

Are there any other fuses or relays that gate the power to the rear wiper motor on a 1995/soft dash LWB?

·
Premium Member
1,486 Posts
Try cleaning the switch or replacing w/ known good switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Does the circuit get power cut when the top tailgate is open? Might help find the solution if the problem lies there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it working now. It was satellite fuse box 2, fuse #4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts