RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of an engine swap. Upon the first attempt at starting the new engine, I discovered no fuel.

I went to the back to diagnosis, I removed the fuel relay, and there was no signal to the relay to turn on the fuel pump.

Where should I look next to figure out the issue?

According to the electric schematics, I should check, Relay-Engine control module ECM R116, any idea where that is.?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Start by checking the fuse in the glove box. It should have a card stating which fuse to look at.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I believe there is also one below the relay in the rear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both fuses are good.

When key is on, the front fuse has voltage with voltmeter.

I did relay testing.
The power for the pump has voltage, and the pump wiring is correct. If I supply voltage, the pump turns on.
On the relay solenoid/coil part, when key is on, it has a ground, and supply does not have voltage. (and it should.)

Referenced to : Page 90
http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/electric-circuit-diagrams-range-rover-new-uk-2001.pdf

Based on the diagram and my testing. the issue is between the front box fuse and the relay.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Looks like you are doing everything correct. Did you try swapping relays or running a jumper?

See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2p42q-cfYw

Otherwise you will have to fault trace the wiring, which can be found in RAVE (see sticky section if you don't have it and download). In RAVE look at the Range Rover Electrical Circuit Diagrams - then under Fuel Pump - on the PDF that comes up it is page 83/190.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover MkIII / L322
764 Posts
Does the engine crank when you attempt to start it? The problem may be with the Engine Control Relay as you mentioned in your first post. It is the blue relay in the E-Box. C1895

ECM.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts