Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Could be. I did get a survey call from JLR 6 months ago. The only things they asked about were paddle shift and sport mode. Wanted to know if I used it and how often. I took that to mean they were considering removing it.

Look at your build sheet, it will say if it has it or not. If you don't have the build sheet ask your dealer for it.

You did mean paddle shift and not peddle shift right?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,991 Posts
No peddle shifters on the Range Rover diesels?

The review by motortrend as well as UK are diesels don't get paddle shifters.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
Correct, no paddle shifters. Personally, I won't miss them, especially on a 4500 RPM redline diesel. From what I've heard the 8 speed auto is superb and fettling with flappy paddles is unnecessary.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Seriously? You would turn back a new rig just because of an option that is totally useless other than bragging rights and "cool factor"? If it is available in other markets then it can obviously be added.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The MY16 for Italian market owners manual don't make any difference between diesel vs. gasoline where it explains how to enable the paddles in Sport mode only, hence they should be there.
I suspect the RRSport could be the recipient of this mod since it has the joy stick shifter.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I've used them once on my neighbour's AB L just to say I did. Let's be real, the L405 is not a sports car, you are not going to be drag racing with it and there is no need to be revving it out like some ridiculous Civic. This applies even more so to a diesel. Yes the diesel is very peppy and most folks will never know it's not a petrol. But common, paddle shifters on a rig like this are nothing more than a gimmick... in my opinion. Put it in drive, set the climate control on auto and relax.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,991 Posts
I agree to say it's no gimmick. In the passing lane it would be easy to downshift vs stomping the gas pedal and waiting which gear is selected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
sorry but if your passing prowess depends on flappy paddles then you have no business with a drivers license. if you are cutting your passing distance that close your issues are not with two little pieces of plastic on the back of the steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.