RIP L320.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4,461 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
No disrespect to the guys with the new RRS but I really think our versions were the best looking. The new ones look like a bigger evoque rather than the l320 that looked more like a slightly smaller RR. I think the long term value for our cars will hold but perhaps that's wishful thinking :)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
It will hold value the same as the P38's and those that have gone before. No better or worse.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
436 Posts
No disrespect to the guys with the new RRS but I really think our versions were the best looking. The new ones look like a bigger evoque rather than the l320 that looked more like a slightly smaller RR. I think the long term value for our cars will hold but perhaps that's wishful thinking :)
Actually, every time I see a Ford explorer, I think it's the new Sport. To me, the L 494 has too many Ford design elements. On the street it's just another SUV.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will hold value the same as the P38's and those that have gone before. No better or worse.
goosey: My investment strategy has always been to buy high and sell low, I've never been wrong yet, and to prove it, I just calculated my Sport has depreciated at least $3.27 per mile!! :thumb:

·
Registered
385 Posts
goosey: My investment strategy has always been to buy high and sell low, I've never been wrong yet, and to prove it, I just calculated my Sport has depreciated at least $3.27 per mile!! :thumb:
Yep, works for me too:mrgreen:

·
Registered
77 Posts
No disrespect to the guys with the new RRS but I really think our versions were the best looking.
Agreed, I will buy a 2010-12 rrs next, probably never a L494.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
If you drive more, the depreciation per mile will be less! :)

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
My depreciation is at 1.13 a mile!!! Woo
Nice!!!

I'm sure that my car is worth no more than $10K on the open market given its high miles, but who cares, it's still running perfectly and with minor repairs here and there. But if I were to take the original purchase price, add on all my "goodies" and extra options bought after market, assume a 10K residual value, I'm at 0.37 cents per mile driven. If I tack on all the enjoyment and adventures....it would be priceless! :) Keep on keeping on! There's nothing like driving a Range Rover (Sport!)!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand why People like the RRS2, it's great! But after test driving one (I went there expecting to order one) I was glad to get back into my Sport.

In my opinion ( and it's a humble one) I think depreciation on ours will start to level out a little, having said that, nobody should rush out and buy one as an investment, kinda like a House, we're not investing, we're speculating. The most important thing is we have something we either like to drive or live in.

But back to my original "What next" question, the other night I had some time so I went to the Audi and Porsche sites to build "Build my own" but nothing tickled my pickle, I guess that leaves BMW and Mercedes or a full size RR.

Any thoughts Guys??

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
For ~20K less than a unibody RRS you can buy a unibody Jeep Grand Cherokee which can do 95% of what the new RRS can do. Seems like a good trade off to me.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts