RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a 100 mile radius of upstate NY, I think I may have called every single junkyard. That would be about fifteen or so. Only one has a P38:sad:

What has happened to P38s, and junkyards in particular? My guess is its the price of scrap, the disapparnce of the home mechanic, and sites like eBay that have all but eliminated the days of going to a junkyard and pulling out pieces you need to keep your car alive..that true?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
550 Posts
One word: Scotty.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I never see any P 38s in junkyards near me. Call scotty for any parts needs.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Soon, Scotty will be getting me loads to haul......Of P38's!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
They are out there believe it or not.i found a 99 SE in a junkyard close to me and found another a few days later in a junkyard close to Mills Fowler.the best way to find them is to go on Craigslist and pick a city or area close to you and search.usually the junkyards will have an inventory list up on Craigslist which is how you'll find them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
i'm having issues finding ones around my area too.

i need a fuse box and the only one i found in my area of minneapolis had a pretty significant engine fire. the casing around the fuse box was melted and the guy still wanted $150 bux for it. no way.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
In past 6 years or so I only know of two in my area. One in person and one posted here. THey disappear very quickly.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Yup, love that site. Sadly many of the breakers that come up in those searches do not allow anyone in their yards for insurance reasons.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts

i need a fuse box and the only one i found in my area of minneapolis had a pretty significant engine fire. the casing around the fuse box was melted and the guy still wanted $150 bux for it. no way.
I have a spotless fuse box that I took from a 99 but think I might hold onto it just in case.try the website listed above its pretty good.

·
Registered
896 Posts

Oh yes, I forgot. The one P38 I found in a pick-n-pull in stockton had a massive fire. burned like toast with almost nothing salvageable. it was a sad sight...:crybaby2:

I would not trust a used fusebox from anyone. It is worth the money and piece of mind to get a new one. Plus they are three different fuseboxes for p38s so order the correct new one from a reputable parts source.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a spotless fuse box that I took from a 99 but think I might hold onto it just in case.try the website listed above its pretty good.
yeah i use car-part a lot.

even that showed that there weren't any close to minneapolis. closest one to me was 130 miles away and i couldn't drive there in time before they would have closed today. so i'll end up ordering it on line and waiting for UPS again.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
I;ve ordered 5 or 6 fuseboxes from autopartswarehouse.com with no issues at all. Catch them on sale or on a shipping special and it works out to about $230 at your door with all new fuses and of course a new positive cable. At last check Atlantic British was about $275 delivered.

·
Registered
186 Posts
just spotted another junkyard P38 outside of Boston... early 2002 P38, blue on light brown leather. Has the dark wood steering wheel, might grab it ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts