RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone can anyone tell me where and what fuses are relavent to the gearbox etc as have no low range. gears in high range all work fine when you switch to low it does nothing at all and the lights on the high range side still stay lit and move as if in high. also the sport/manual button does nothing either have tried a new ecu with no joy any help would be great thanks

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
Have you checked your position micro switch? XYZ switch? TC motor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the micro switch the one under the center console that the lever hits ?also how do i test the motor etc have checked rave but to be honest find it abit confusing on paper basically need a simple guide to testing etc and also where the relavent parts are located fuses/relays etc etc thanks

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

There is some confusion about the xyz switch from the main gearbox and the position indication switch from the transfer box.
See some old replies about the transfer case switch unit. You might find the answers you need here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24642
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33148

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have read quite abit about this fuse 11 to select neutral for towing etc and have checked mine and there is a fuse inserted in 11 and has been since i got the car have removed it to see if any change and nothing no msg on display nothing could this be something to do with my problem also how can i test the micro swith under gear selector as awkward to get at have got it apart now so any help asap would be great cheers

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hi

The switch you have to look for is in the transfer gearbox. Download RAVE see the FAQ for details.

The fuse 11 you are referring to should be the one in the becm behind the cover in the trim at the right forward seat base, and not the fuse 11 in the main fuse box under the hood.

Best regards

Jos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that is the fuse im talking about the one under the drivers seat and also the gearbox,transferbox fuses are also good just tried the number 11 fuse to see if any change no different/msg with 11 fuse in or out ????

·
Registered
865 Posts
Test speed sensor on transfer box, its located on top just behind the hand brake drum.
Using a metr is should not show open circuit but it could also be Transfer ECU or wiring related

Fuse 11 needs to be removed as its only for towing

·
Registered
96 Posts
is there any messages on the dash?

i had a simler problem that turned out to be the ratio control motor (little motor on side of transfer case)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts