RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and thank you in anticipation
i own a 08 tdv8 which up until now barring the stereo making its own mind up wether to give me sound or not has been reliable,but yesterday I started having numerous faults coming up on the message centre ,followed by airbag light,auto lights light and every fault that’s probably on the ecu all eventually won’t off when I took my lad to football.when we got back to the RR about an hour later I turned the key and nothing barring a flashing red park brake light ,call Mr RAC man checked the battery and said i5 was showing 12.4 volts so he attached the jump leads and left it running for a while .After about 20 mins nothing and after a bit or wire waggling all the ignition lights came back on so I quickly started her up and limped back home. When to it this morning turned the key and nothing (as a dodo) and left it all day , gone back tonight to try again and presto started ,turned it off straight away and tried to restart ,nothing again
any ideas please or is it just a case of a dodgy battery as first thought

btw love this forum

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,950 Posts
check the battery terminal connections clean them then refit the terminals check the grounds as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery and terminals fine ,looks like a ignition barrel problem ,is there anyway of testing the barrel without stripping the dash please

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Check your brake light switch you need a brake signal in order to turn the key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts