RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately I have had issue after issue with my 2007 RR.

Initially:

Stereo "dead," land rover locked screen. Installed MOST fiber optic loop device in place of Nokia bluetooth unit along with new amplifier. SOUND! But still land rover screen locked. Worked for a month or so with good sound.

Now, flashing orange light is back on volume knob. Still land rover screen locked. BUT, now, in the driver side trunk, when I unplug the connection to the nav unit, amplifier, Nokia unit, etc: NO ORANGE LIGHTS in the MOST fiber optic cables.

What is the most common culprit of this? I am fairly well versed in this system now, unfortunately! Is this a "head unit" problem? How do I troubleshoot this, when the MOST fiber optic cables are all "dead?" I don't think I can bypass any units when the cables don't make any "light."

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
405 Posts
This may at least point you in the correct direction....

The originating source of the required "red light" is the audio receiver, which sits behind the lower glovebox/fusebox area on later vehicles (I'm not certain about MY2007 but suspect it's in the same vicinity).

The unit has a couple of regular multiplug connectors and a connector hosting one pair of MOST loop lines.

If you remove the horizontal kick panel under the passenger side lower glovebox (with the footwell light) you should be able to locate the unit. On later models it's mounted vertically behind the fusebox, near the firewall. (I added a link to an eBay listing just for image reference purposes, below.)

Unplug the MOST connector and look to see if one of the two LED's within the now disconnected MOST output (from within the receiver) is glowing red. You may need a small mirror to see it. Low light conditions make this easier to see the red glow (or not), of course.

If there's no red glow, you should check to ensure you have +12v plus a ground to the unit. fibre optic lines.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RANGE-ROVER-L322-HSE-06-09-AUDIO-RECEIVER-TUNER-VUX500480-OEM/172868573526?hash=item283fc51956:g:VUcAAOSwn45ZvXHm

Let us know if that helps.

Rob

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
21 Posts
Any land rover stereo gurus out there?
I did the jumper test thing with the Range Rover BMW fiber optic jumper and it worked right off.
WMYCONGCONG 2 PCS Fiber MOST Optical Optic Loop Bypass Male Female Adapter for Benz Audi Mercedes BMW VW Porsche Is what I bought from amazon for $15.00 shipped to the door. way better than $500.-- driven to LR RR Stealer for faux service. to REFLASH my stuff or tell me I need a NEW ???? then charge to have that flashed as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts