RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving a 2008 L322 for a long time I am finding my wife’s 2016 L405 very cramped.

Being 6’4” there simply is no way I can stretch my left leg when driving or have any comfortable leg room in general. Not only doesn’t move the seat far enough backward also there is no place between the brake pedal and the foot rest.

Just ordered myself a new 2017 one but now am wondering if this was smart.

More people experiencing this and more important, does anybody have a solution ?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
Interesting, I’m 6’5” with a 35” inseam, I don’t even put the seat all the way back when driving. Back seat on a short wheel base I feel is too small, but front seat I find extremely comfy.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Prins, have you looked under the seat to see if anything is binding the seat mechanism/runners?

Considering the L322 only has about 39" of front leg room and both versions of the 405 have over 42" of front leg room. The 405 has appx 2.5-3 inches more leg room than the L322.

As a comparison my neighbour, who has had 5 or 6 405s is also 6'5", has had no issue with long trips or comfort and his legs are longer than Sean's!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
321 Posts
I think what is being said is when you need to stretch your leg or get more comfortable, sometimes placing your foot between the brake pedal and the dead pedal/foot rest will buy you several inches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts