RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, what with the frustrating problems I've been having with my 1991, I've finally figured them out.

Started with an occasional crank but no start, but would start with a shot of ether. Replaced relays with new old stock Bosch 0 332 014 112 after noting they did not click occasionally. Use the metal cased ones, I've had poor luck with generic plastic shelled EFI relays. This improved the condition a little, but now would refuse to start without ether. Looked at the RAVE manual and noticed the coil was part of the injection system. My coil was thoroughly corroded. Clean off corrosion, runs better, but slightly less intermittent. Replaced the ignition coil with a $25 unit from LK8 parts, and it was finally running well again. Was able to drive from my house to the mechanics shop with no issues.. ~30 miles.

Didn't find any information about this, so this may help someone in the future. I did not find any information about it online.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would have thought that with it starting
With eather the coil was giving the fire needed
But sounds like ya got it with the new coil
You might also check the ground at the fuel pump
Also if you go to junk yards.
You can usually find pretty good coils on Jaguars

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
love junk yards but never time to go..

I actually thought it was a fuel pump and redid all of the wiring there. I found a bad pin at the connector and was able to get my fuel gauge working for the first time owning the truck.

good advice Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts