RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Having some trouble with the Rangy. Its an intermittent fault but breaks down more than it works. Its a 94 EFI. When its at fault, i get no pulse at the injectors. When i test the main relay, it switches over to brown / orange tracer 12v but still no pulse at injector. Then all of a sudden after several minutes I get a pulse back and she'll fire.

Where do I go from here. Can anyone advise me other test when its at fault.

Regards

Ian

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, should've mentioned. Before I thought it was a fueling problem, I replaced the coil, plugs, rotor arm and cap.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
100 Posts
This is like deja vu for me I just found the problem last night as to why my car would intermittently just not fire.

Check the amplifier module and particularly the pickup in the distributor baseplate, there are resistance checks and tests that can be done.

Mine is the earlier electronic ignition with the big silver block under the coil on the wing and a 2 pin plug at the dizzy to connect it. One of the wires on the dizzy side has frayed and was occasionally not making a connection. So I need a new baseplate really to do the job right.

Worth a check, I think the resistance was to be between 500-1500 kOhms to be healthy although it could be higher and still ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
100 Posts
Meant to add presumably when it is doing this no injector pulse there is no spark either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a spark when I don't have a pulse. I'll double check that. Looking at the wiring for the Hotwire system, I couldn't see the ignition amp had any connection to the ignition pulse.

I've got a good connection on the pulse lead on the coil but am starting to wonder if there is a break in that wire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the problem, played with the resistor which is on the pulse lead from coil to maf sensor and the car started stalling. Hopefully a new one will resolve! Thanks for your input ??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts