RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that this has been covered a lot, and I have looked around at this for the past year and a half. Here is what I have. 2000 HSE 4.6 p38 with 95,000 miles. my heat worked 2 winters ago. Since then, I have installed a new HVAC control that the lcd is now going bad on again. I have also replaced the radiator. Only cold air, on both sides, all the time. I can turn the ac compressor on and off, and when it is on and the heat is set to max it blows the ice cold ac through the vents. When I have it set to max heat and have the ac compressor off, it just blows unheated air. I can move the air from floor, defrost, face level, etc with no issues. I have a brand new functioning thermostat with hot coolant flowing in and out of the heater core. I have the coolant flow running as it should with the radiator bypass hooked up. it gets to operating temp fast and stays there. I checked my heater core temp sensor and it was not corroded at all (can I bypass it for a test?). I have checked both fuses 8 and 17 and they are good. My heater is basically inoperative, I can get no hot air anywhere at all? Can the climate control unit be at fault for this?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
As Richard says.....You seem to have an issue with the blend motors.
Try pressing the "Prog" defrost button, as this will command all virtually all of the heat related systems online.
I have an intermittent core temp sensor on the Borrego, and when it trys to freeze me, this seems to reset it for a bit.......

It could be as simple as a loose or slightly corroded plug on the back of the Hvac unit......
It could indeed be the "new", but faulty Hvac controller. Try re installing the old one to see if it will work the blend motors.
There is a great current thread about a simple fix for a bad Lcd display. Marty also sell reconditioned ones.
Also, be sure that the controllers are the same part number (Though this usually only effects A/C compressor)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I will recheck all connections and try the PROG. Sadly I replaced it a long time ago and actually sold my old one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts