RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heater has stopped working in my 2007 TDV8 (ford)

I've bled the system as you normally would but still no heat.
So I took off the pollen filter and checked the heater pipes as they enter the matrix - they are cold

I then took off the pair of clip-on water hoses on the top of the engine that feed the heater and water is being pumped out of the feed pipe.

So I now know water is getting to but not getting round the heater matrix.

The only component before water reaches matrix is the "heater valve" - so it could well be this but I have no knowledge of how to prove it

Does anyone have any tips as to testing this item or the symptoms you get if its faulty ?

It may not be this at all so if you have other thoughts please share them !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So Ive done a bit of investigation and found that the heater valve is not the the likely culprit.
Mainly because I was mis-naming the part I'm looking at, its not the heater valve at all.

So the part that seems to have hot water up to it but not through it is the "changeover valve" attached to the firewall

I have discovered the vehicle has the auxiliary heater (which incidentally does not work). Don't really mind about that.
But the changeover valve I believe is to divert water to that heater when required (or to stop water going to the heater core before its warm)

So my theory is to disconnect the pipes from this changeover valve and join them together. Ok so that may affect the performance of the aux heater - but it doesn't work anyway ?

Does that sound like a plan ?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts